Boeing South Carolina’s Boeing Veterans Engagement Team (BVET) is recognizing BSC teammates for their outstanding support of the military and veteran communities at Boeing and beyond through a flag dedication ceremony.
These recognition ceremonies will take place throughout the year. Those honored receive a retired flag which was once flown at BSC. The flags distributed include Old Glory, military branch service flags, the South Carolina state flag, and Boeing flags.
The first and most recent event took place on March 24 at BSC’s Airport Campus. Those honored at the event included (pictured left to right):
- Lindsay Roethle for her commitment to BVET and current service as president of BSC’s BVET chapter.
- Eddie Negron for his commitment to BVET and former service as acting president of BSC’s BVET chapter.
- Kim Shultz for his commitment to BVET and former service of president of BSC’s BVET chapter.
- Tina Weiss for her support during Spirit of the Holidays and Liftoff for Learning drives.
- Bill Coats for his leadership and commitment to Toys for Tots toy drive during Spirit of the Holidays.
- Mikayla Mckie for leading veteran-focused volunteer efforts for REACH, a Boeing development and networking group.
The flags were presented to the honorees by Charles Littles, senior manager of the Join Verification Team and BSC BVET executive sponsor.
“Think of yourselves as being custodians of these flags,” Littles said during the ceremony. “Each has a meaning. Display them in a way to tell that story of sacrifice and honor.”