CHARLESTON, Nov. 29, 2018— Boeing South Carolina announced its 2018 grant partners Tuesday during a luncheon celebrating the non-profit groups participating.
A total of $3.7 million in grants will go to 18 South Carolina non-profit organizations, many located in the Lowcountry region, which is home to Boeing South Carolina’s plant. Combined with its 2018 sponsorships, Boeing will invest a total of $5,325,000 in the community.
Since 2010 Boeing has invested more than $42 million in non-profits across South Carolina.
Boeing South Carolina invests in three areas of the community. “Our Future” spotlights the commitment to STEM education and inspiring youth; “Our Heroes” includes investments in organizations that support our nation’s veterans and their families through workforce transition and recovery and rehabilitation; and “Our Homes” includes partnerships that lead in conservation, environmental stewardship, and preservation of the South Carolina landscape. Additionally, Boeing commits to building dynamic communities through a focus on the health and wellness of students across the state to combat childhood obesity and hunger.
- Meeting Street Elementary Schools @ Brentwood
- Metanoia – Expanding a Pipeline of Student Success
- Reach Out and Read – SC Early Math Scaling
- Coastal Community Foundation– Liberty Hill K-12 STEM Initiative
- South Carolina State Museum– Distance Learning Observatory & Mars Outreach
- Teach for America–Rise SC
- Engaging Creative Minds – STEAMing Toward Tomorrow
- Trident Technical College – Charleston Regional Youth Apprenticeship Program
- Governor's School for Science and Mathematics – STEM Continuous Engagement Model
- Palmetto Warrior Connection – Trained to Succeed
- College of Charleston Foundation – Veterans Fellowship Program in Sustainable Food Systems
- Upstate Warrior Solution – Warriors to Work, Professional Development Program
- Vantage Point Foundation – Transition Program
- Coastal Carolina University Educational Foundation –Skills to Lead Veterans Career Transition Program
- MUSC – Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital
- MUSC – Boeing Center for Children's Wellness
- Lowcountry Food Bank – Fighting Childhood Hunger
- The Nature Conservancy – North Coast Resilience Project