CHARLESTON, Dec. 3, 2019—In honor of Giving Tuesday, Boeing announced its 2019 community investments Tuesday, which include grant partnerships across South Carolina.
A total of $3.75 million in grants will go to 18 South Carolina nonprofit organizations, many located in the Lowcountry region, which is home to Boeing South Carolina’s plant. Combined with its 2019 sponsorships, Boeing will invest a total of $5.38 million in the community.
Since 2010, Boeing has invested more than $52 million in nonprofits across South Carolina.
Boeing invests in three areas of the community. “Our Future” spotlights the commitment to STEM education and inspiring youth; “Our Heroes” includes investments in organizations that support our nation’s veterans and their families through workforce transition and recovery and rehabilitation; and “Our Homes” includes partnerships that lead in conservation, environmental stewardship, and preservation of the South Carolina landscape. Additionally, Boeing commits to building dynamic communities; in South Carolina, this is done through a focus on the health and wellness of students across the state to combat childhood obesity and hunger.
- Meeting Street Elementary Schools @ Brentwood
- Children's Museum of the Lowcountry
- Reach Out and Read
- Coastal Community Foundation – Liberty Hill STEM Initiative
- South Carolina State Museum
- Teach for America South Carolina
- Engaging Creative Minds
- Trident Technical College – Youth Apprenticeship Program
- Communities in Schools
- Palmetto Warrior Connection – Trained to Succeed
- Flex Factor
- Upstate Warrior Solution
- Vantage Point Foundation
- Coastal Carolina University
- MUSC – Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital
- MUSC – Boeing Center for Children's Wellness
- Lowcountry Food Bank – Fighting Childhood Hunger