We believe investments in time, talent and resources are foundational for a strong community. On December 7, we announced the Boeing South Carolina 2018 grants totaling more than $5.3 million for nonprofits across the state of South Carolina. These 21 grant partners do amazing work supporting our three pillars of investment:
- Our Future: Boeing is committed to helping children and youth achieve their potential through educational enrichment and support programs that promote academic success, independence and economic sustainability.
- Our Heroes: From our hiring and employment programs to our grants and volunteer activities, we want to help them and their families’ transition successfully into civilian life.
- Our Home: We focus our expertise and teammate volunteerism on issues that are of importance to our local communities.
Since 2010, Boeing has made charitable grants totaling more than $37 million in South Carolina. Financial support is important, but Boeing and our teammates back those grants up with their time and talents, working in their communities to make a difference.
Boeing South Carolina teammates have volunteered more than 17,000 times in our community, supporting more than 1,500 community projects. In 2017 alone, teammates logged more than 8,000 volunteer hours that qualified for Boeing volunteer match, resulting in more than $80,000 in gift match funds for those organizations.
Teammates play a key role in our DreamLearners outreach program that has brought more than 45,000 students to our site to have first-hand advanced manufacturing experience, and reached more than 300,000 students through our Speakers Bureau program. Using the Employees Community Fund (ECF) of Boeing South Carolina, our teammates have given more than $1.3 million to non-profits in the Tri-County region.
Boeing South Carolina 2018 grant recipients:
- Meeting Street Elementary @ Brentwood
- Reach Out & Read
- Project Lead the Way
- SC Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics
- Coastal Community Foundation – Liberty Hill STEM Pathway Project
- Teach for America
- Engaging Creative Minds
- S.C. State Museum
- City Year Columbia
- S.C. Coalition for Math & Science
- Chicora Code Camp
- Algebra Nation
- USC Veterans’ Clinic
- Palmetto Warrior Connection Resiliency Training
- Vantage Point Transition Course