We know that students across the Lowcountry are currently homeschooling following state-wide school closures due to COVID-19.
Boeing is proud to partner with a number of non-profit organizations across South Carolina, many of them committed to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education. A number of our partners are working to provide online and virtual resources to help engage students while they are at home.
Here are links to these free resources:
- SC Aquarium: (Instagram: @southcarolinaaquarium / Twitter @scaquarium) Facebook Live at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. every weekday guided by a STEM-based learning educator. Interaction is encouraged through online activities.
- Jack Hanna at Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden: (@cincinnatizoo) Live streaming daily from the zoo at 3 p.m. EST with an activity to follow. All past “Home Safari” content is posted on the site with a recorded video.
- Curiosity Machine: Boeing inspired design challenges you can do at home
- Tallo: (@appTALLO) Help students stay connected with scholarships, networking, college and business connections.
Additionally, here are some recommendations from our education partner Engaging Creative Minds:
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: Join the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Education Artist-in-Residence at Home as Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every weekday at 1 p.m. to draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing.
- Science Mom: Science mom teams up with Math Dad for a daily streaming online lesson from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Each show features a science lesson, math activities, interactive games, and stories.
- Center for Puppetry Arts: Enjoy livestreams of curriculum-based workshops and Digital Learning interactive puppet shows for free via Facebook Live.
- CreositySpace Free Lesson Plans: CreositySpace is providing lessons from their Contagion Crushers, Water Watchers and Conscientious Chemists units at no cost to help support teachers, parents and guardians to keep all kids engaged in science. They’ve also included a list of fun STEM activities to use until students return to the classroom.